- Select manual -
The SpineModel component is used to bring Spine skeletal animations to life in Defold.
Create a game object and add a SpineModel component to it. You can either create the component in-place (right click the game object and select Add Component) or create it on file first (Select New ▸ Spine Model File from the menu) and then add the file to the game object (right click the game object and select Add Component From File).
The Spine component has a set of properties that you need to set:
- Spine scene
- Set this to the Spine scene file you created earlier.
- Default animation
- Set this to the animation you want the model to start with.
- If your model has skins, select the one you want it to start with.
- If you need to render the model with a custom material, change this property.
- Blend Mode
- If you want a blend mode other than the default
Alpha, change this property.
You should now be able to view your Spine model in the editor:
Defold provides powerful support for controlling animation in runtime. See the Animation documentation for details.