Release 1.1.10 features tile flipping for animations, improved performance in the editor and various other fixes.
We would like to thank everyone reporting issues in the forums
, we really appreciate it!
Nearly all of the fixes in this release come from your posts. :)
Tile Flipping for Animations
For animations in tile sources, we have added two check-boxes called _Flip Horizontally_ and _Flip Vertically_.
This solves the problem of re-using tiles for different animations.
E.g. if you have a walk cycle where the character faces left, you can now instantly create one where the character faces right by using _Flip Horizontally_.
Improved Editor Performance
We noticed severe performance issues when loading and rendering larger collections.
The biggest reason for this is that we do not yet have a resource management system in place, which re-use the loaded resources from disk.
We have partially fixed this now for images and textures, which were the biggest culprits.
We are very concerned about the performance, so please report in the forums
whenever something feels unresponsive or taking too long.
- The tile brush now has a visual border, which makes it easier to see how big the tile brush is
- The zoom range in the Tile Map Editor has been increased to make it easier to work with larger maps
- We have added more settings in game.project (see Project Settings for details):** [physics] max_collisions/max_contacts, which control how many collisions/contacts will be reported to scripts
** [resource] max_resources, which controls how many resources can be loaded in the engine at the same time
** [collection_proxy] max_count, which controls how many collection proxies can be loaded at the same time
- Engine crashed when loading more resources than the max limit (it's now explained in the log)
- Engine crashed when creating URLs outside the callback-functions in gui-scripts
- The check for how many projects each person can own (5) incorrectly included the projects the person was just a member of
- When having a dynamic collision object, it would set the Z-coordinate of the game object to 0 (now it remains as specified)
- Game objects in collections sometimes got component icons (like script icons)
- All layers except the first in a tile map was rendered white instead of textured
- Rendering problems for rectangular tiles in the editor, not all tiles were visible
- +vmath.matrix4_look_at+ was called +vmath.matrix4_lookat+ in the reference
- Undo/redo did not work properly when painting tiles and selecting different layers