This release contains more important bug fixes, it feels like we now have gotten the worst ones out of the way.
This means that we can pay more attention to the reported issues and the design of the bigger features for the beta release.
Synchronization Problems for Mac OSX 10.6
We had bundled git (which we use for syncing and sharing projects) from a build which was incompatible with OSX 10.6.
This has now been fixed.
We have not yet had time to make proper hardware/OS requirements for the service, nor do we have a lot of different machines to test on.
This of course makes problems like these more likely to happen, but we hope you can accept this for the time being as we are currently running on minimal funding.
Once we reach further, we can also provide a better test bed.
Mouse Setups for Scene Navigation
This is actually a new feature, which should be interesting if you run Defold on a laptop with Windows or Linux.
To navigate in the Scene Editor (for visual placement), we used two separate styles similar to Maya based on if you run Mac or not.
The non-Mac setup assumes you have a three-button mouse and relies on the middle-button for panning.
This is now changed to be a preference (*File > Preferences > Defold > Scene Editor > Mouse Type*), which you can set if you want to use the one-button style.
- There were different problems with deleted files not being marked correctly
- Some remaining problems with using index-colored images in tile sources (actually when they were used in tile maps)
- Errors in components inside game objects (like collision objects) were not properly detected when building
- Deleting non-existing game objects from scripts made the engine crash
- Invalid tile sets (as marked in the editor) were not caught by the pipeline and made the engine crash
- The drop-downs used for some data-files (like input bindings) are now larger when expanded
- A jaw-dropping About-dialog (*Help > About Defold*)
We are also happy to see the discussions taking place in our design document
for script properties.
Thanks to everyone participating, know that you are shaping Defold into a better game dev environment! :)