Complete release notes for the current and previous versions of the engine.
Newest version: 1.2.128
Jun 26, 2017 Asynchronous texture loading
This sprint we've worked on improving performance on the texture loading and creation, and also preloading of assets.
In short, the bulk of the work is done on another thread, allowing the main thread to run as intended.
This for instance speeds up loading of particle systems and WebP compressed textures.
We have also added anonymous tracking of which version of the editor is being used in order for us to better understand our users,
help us with prioritisation and improve the product.
- DEF-2772 - Added: Async decoding of WebP images
- DEF-2651 - Added: Async texture GPU upload
- DEF-2770 - Added: Added LuaSocket documentation
- DEF-2688 - Fixed: The particle spawn rate spread is now working
- DEF-2768 - Fixed: Libraries with unusual folder structure crashed Bob
- DEF-2756 - Fixed: Small improvement on error handling if the generated R.java doesn't compile
- DEF-2625 - Fixed: Increased buffer used to parse game.project values to 2048
- We've added a brand new tutorial of how to make a [classic 15 puzzle game](https://www.defold.com/tutorials/15-puzzle/)
- We've also added documentation for ```LuaSocket``` in both editors
- Lots of smaller fixes