Complete release notes for the current and previous versions of the engine.
Newest version: 1.2.128
Jul 11, 2017 16 bit Texture Support
This release includes native extensions support for Windows, some fixes to our Collada scene support and Spine in GUI, updated SDKs for iPhoneOS and MacOSX, and added support for 16-bit texture formats.
We've updated the minimum iPhoneOS minVersion to 6.0
The new SDK versions are iPhoneOS 10.3 and MacOSX 10.12
16-bit Textures (RGB/A + Luminosity)
New 16-bit formats are added for RGB, RGBA and Luminosity with Alpha. These formats are accepted on all supported devices and also works with WebP compression. 16-bit RGBA is especially useful for Android applications using alpha textures, which otherwise have to resort to 32-bit RGBA taking twice the memory footprint.
This sprint we've finished up the Windows support for native extensions as well as updated the iPhone/MacOSX SDK's. Next up is Linux support.
- DEF-2746: Added: Add 16-bit RGB/A and Luminosity + Alpha to engine
- DEF-2796: Added: WebP lossy/lossless support for 16-bit RGB/A and Luminosity + Alpha
- DEF-2731: Added: Added Win32 support in Native Extensions
- DEF-2778: Added: Added support for iPhoneOS 10.3 and MacOSX 10.12
- DEF-2690: Fixed: Bump max spine scene count for GUI scenes
- DEF-2716: Fixed: Minor fix for ColladaUtil if scene only has bones in the visual scenes entry.
- DEF-1954: Fixed: WebP lossy compression with HIGH compression level gave visual errors