Complete release notes for the current and previous versions of the engine.
Newest version: 1.2.128
Jan 05, 2018 Particle stretch + Sprite optimisations
This release adds two new features to particlefx; an option to orient particles along their movement direction, and a keyable “stretch” property. The stretch can be set to according to the particle velocity or fully controlled with keys using the curve editor.
The release also includes some big optimizations when updating transforms for gameobjects and sprite components.
The performance gain is most notable on lower end devices but will also impact newer ones too: e.g. ~65% gain on iPhone 4S (5000 sprites) and ~15% for an iPhone 6 (14000 sprites). Measured using our defold-bunnymark test.
The sprite component now also uses indexed vertex buffers instead of triangle lists which makes better use of the GPU.
- DEF-2047 - Added: Particle orient along movement direction, stretch by curved values or by velocity.
- DEF-3069 - Fixed: Crash fix for tilegrid when no physics is used.
- DEF-3058 - Fixed: Engine video recording not working.
- DEF-3057 - Fixed: Refactor sprite component to use indexed vertex buffers instead of triangle lists.
- DEF-3052 - Fixed: Optimized the Sprite update transform function.
- DEF-3054 - Fixed: Bug when playing a spine animation backwards 3 times.
- DEF-3051 - Fixed: Optimized dmGameObject + UpdateTransform calls.
- DEF-3007 - Fixed: dmBuffer now implements an interleaved format.