Complete release notes for the current and previous versions of the engine.
Newest version: 1.2.128
Sep 07, 2012 Brand new platformer article
This release features an article about platformer physics and a more open registration process.
We also made some minor but sweet fixes.
The article can be found here.
We explain how you can make a classic 2D platformer using a physics engine for collision detection.
Please share it to anyone interested.
We have opened up the registration process a bit more by allowing anyone to register.
What actually happens is that there is now a cap on the total amount of registered users.
Until the cap has been reached, anyone signing up will be automatically invited to Defold.
Anyone with an invitation is guaranteed a spot.
When the cap has been reached, anyone registering will be put into the Beta queue as usual.
You can register here.
- When moving objects in the scene editor, you can make the manipulator snap to the grid by holding down *Shift*
- The +game.project+ file now has a proper editor so you don't need to fiddle with the text format anymore
- The editor starts with a splash-screen on Windows and Linux (this always worked on Mac)
- When resizing the Scene Editor, the camera zoom is retained (it was reset before)
- There is a new Settings-category in the Dashboard where you can decide if you want to receive the newsletters
Hope you enjoy this release!