Complete release notes for the current and previous versions of the engine.
Newest version: 1.2.128
Jan 25, 2016 Mobile keyboard input
This release includes updates to mobile keyboard input and a few bug fixes.
We have added a new method to get keyboard input on Android devices. This new method resolves a couple of keyboard related bugs on certain Android systems but also bugs related to third party keyboards such as *SwiftKey*. To use the new input method a new option has been added to the Android category in `game.project` called `input_method`. Valid options are `KeyEvent` (old) and `HiddenInputField` (new). The old input method is used by default so to not break current games.
To correctly display text input not fully commited (common for Asian languages such as Japanese or Chinese), a new input binding, called `MARKED_TEXT`, has been added. To fully support input from Asian language keyboards on mobile devices it is highly recommended to utilize this new message. We will have a manual for this in the near future.
This release also adds a new keyboard `gui.KEYBOARD_TYPE_PASSWORD`. The new keyboard type is useful when handling password input where predictive text is not disirable.
- DEF-1461 - Added: New input handling for Android
- DEF-1527 - Added: Marked text input message and handling for iOS and Android
- DEF-1556 - Added: Missing set_constant/reset_constant to spine model component
- DEF-1497 - Fixed: Keyboard types now work on Android
- DEF-1559 - Fixed: Bug with display layout selection for larger screens
- DEF-1386 - Fixed: Dashboard serve correct iOS dev app
- DEF-1565 - Fixed: go.set_scale() (et al.) should warn when passing a fragment in the url