In this release, we bring you custom rendered tile maps, improved sound control and lots of other fixes.
We have also reached the cap of registered users once again, so please be patient if you have registered but haven't got the invitation mail.
We will let you in in time.
We have also heard that some mail providers filter these mails as spam, so please check your spam if you haven't received it.
Custom Rendered Tile Maps
Tile maps can now be rendered with a custom material and blend mode, just like Sprites and ParticleFX.
These settings are available in the tile map properties.
You can also set shader constants in runtime through tilemap.set_constant
Better Sound Control
We have now added the ability to set the gain of sounds from scripts, by sending set_gain
to the sound component in question.
- Components referenced from files (like tile maps and ParticleFX) can now be moved and rotated inside game objects
- The contents of visually edited files is automatically framed when such a file is opened
- Copy/pasting sprites made the new sprites invisible
- ParticleFX editor has a tip on how to use it that appears when such files are opened
- Particles were not correctly flipped according to tile source animation settings
- In some cases, files were incorrectly flagged as being built when they contained errors
- Opening other file types after having worked with ParticleFX files could yield exceptions
- Tile sources can be reloaded (problem with file extension)
- The impulse in contact_point_response messages was incorrectly scaled
- You can now set an impulse limit in game.project, which makes contact_point_response messages be ignored when their impulse go below that limit
- Corrupted sounds fixed when rebooting the running game
- Modifiers of emitters that emits in world space are also in world space
- Connecting devices with the editor (Project > Target) is even more stable
- Optimized web profiler, access http://:8002 to use it (replace with the IP of your device)
- Random crash when creating game objects with an empty set of script properties
- Error dialog if you try to start two instances of the same editor installation
- Error message when posting messages to instances that have been deleted
- Files and directories can contain spaces
- Collection proxies handled messages posted in the final-function incorrectly
- Sounds from the same source file were treated as equal when controlled through messages. Now only the addressed sound is controlled.
- ParticleFX could run out of rendering resources, resulting in assert